Information We Collect
At this Site, you may choose to provide Kimberly-Clark with information about yourself that is "personally identifiable information." When we use the term “personally identifiable information,” we mean information that is collected in conjunction with your name. Your use of this Site may provide other information about you that is not "personally identifiable information." this information is not collected in conjunction with your name. Kimberly-Clark does not collect personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily and knowingly. You can visit this Site without providing us with personally identifiable information. However, if you give us personally identifiable information, such as by asking to be put on our mailing list, we may contact you from time to time.
How Information is Collected
By Asking. We may collect some information from you by asking that you provide it to us. For example, we may ask you for your email address on our website, or require you to provide us with information such as your birthday, telephone number, and address, so that you can sign up for our rewards programs or request a free sample. Personally identifiable information is collected from you directly and with your knowledge.
Cookies. Like many companies, Kimberly-Clark uses “cookie” technology on our Site. Cookies are information stored on your computer by your browser to save your preferences while you are visiting a particular site. When you log in, the cookie tells us whether you visited us before or are a new visitor, and it enables us to learn which advertisements bring users to our website. The cookie doesn't obtain any personal information about you or provide us with any way to contact you. We do use the cookie to help us identify site features in which you have the greatest interest so that we can provide more of what you may want. If you choose, you can set your browser to reject cookies or you can manually delete individual or all of the cookies on your computer by following your browser’s help file directions. However, if you do not enable cookies to be received by your web browser, you may have trouble accessing some of the pages and certain features on this Site.
Web Beacons. A web beacon is an electronic file on a Web page that allows us to count and recognize users who have visited that page. Among other things, a web beacon can be used in HTML-formatted email to determine responses to our communications and measure their effectiveness – for instance, if you get an email from us and click on a link in that email to go to our website. You can generally avoid web beacons in email by turning off HTML display and displaying only the text portion of your email.
Internet Protocol (IP) Address. As you enter our websites, we capture and retain the IP address of the device you are using, such as a personal computer or a mobile device.
Mobile Applications. You may also choose to download mobile applications offered by Kimberly-Clark. If you use our mobile applications, the mobile application may collect certain information automatically, such as the type of mobile device you use, the temporary or persistent unique device identifiers (sometimes called UDID) and information about the way you use the applications. The mobile application may also collect certain information you voluntarily provide, such as product information when you scan a bar code, and transactional information, such as when you make a purchase or respond to an offer. Our mobile applications may collect precise information about the location of your device, such as when you search for a store. However, you must first provide permission through your device before the application obtains such location information from technologies like GPS, Wi-Fi, or cell tower proximity. Mobile service providers may collect device-specific information, such as a unique device identifier, when you use our Site or one of our mobile applications.
What We Do with Your Information
When you voluntarily sign up on this Site, we add your name, email address and street address to our mailing list. If you do not wish to receive these mailings, you may request to be removed from our mailing list by visiting this page, or by calling 0800 626 008 (UK Residents) 1800 626 008 (ROI Residents). . Additionally, if you decide that you do not want to receive commercial emails from us, you can “opt-out” from receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of every commercial email. Please note that if you choose to opt-out, we will still send you email relating to specific products or services that you purchase or sign up for, or email that we believe is pertinent to any communication that you have sent to us. If you decide at a later time that you would like to receive commercial emails from us, you can re-add yourself to our communication list. Our Site sometimes includes notices of sweepstakes or other promotions we are conducting, and we may permit you to send your entry electronically in some cases. If that occurs, we will use the information you provide for the purpose of conducting the promotion (i.e., to contact you if you’re a winner).
How We Share Information
We may share information about you with third parties in certain circumstances including in the following situations:
- Sharing Your Information With Partner Companies. We may ask your permission to share your information with carefully selected outside companies when we believe their products or services may interest you. You may “opt out” of partner offers and programs at any time by updating your User Profile, contacting us or calling 0800 626 008 (UK Residents) 1800 626 008 (ROI Residents). . Our partners are prohibited from using your contact information for purposes other than presenting relevant offers and programs, and they are required to maintain your contact information in confidence.
- Sharing Your Information with Service Providers. We may share information with companies or individuals that provide us with services. These services may include, among other things, helping us to provide services that you request, to create or maintain our databases, to research and analyze the people who request products, services, or information from us, to prepare and distribute communications, or to respond to inquiries.
- Law Enforcement and Legal Process. We may report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we reasonably believe to be unlawful, or that we reasonably believe may aid a law enforcement investigation into unlawful activity. In addition, we reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Kimberly-Clark, or another person.
- Sharing Your Information as Permitted by Law. We may share your information with others as required by, or permitted by, law. This may include sharing your information with government entities, or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims that have been brought against us, or to defend against possible legal claims that we determine in our sole discretion might be brought against us.
- Blogs, Online Postings, and Testimonials. We may decide to allow users to share comments, postings, testimonials, or other information. If you choose to submit such information to us, the information that you submit may be available generally to the public. Information that you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
- Business Transaction. In the event that we, or any portion of our assets, are acquired or we undergo another transaction in our business, your information may be transferred to the acquiring company or other entity surviving such a transaction.
- Interest-Based Advertising. Kimberly-Clark participates in interest-based (on-line behavior) advertising. This means that a third party may use technology, such as a cookie on your browser or a web beacon, to identify you on our website so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. You may see advertising on our website tailored to how you browse or shop, or you may see advertising for Kimberly-Clark products on other websites based on your browsing behavior across websites. Kimberly-Clark voluntarily participates in the Digital Advertising Alliance self-regulation program. As part of this self-regulation program, Kimberly-Clark supports deployment of the Advertising Option icon (“Ad Choices”) in partnership with Evidon.
Other Third Parties. We may share non-personal information with other third parties that are not described above. When we do so we may aggregate or de-identify the information so that a third party would not be likely to link data to you, your computer, or your device. Aggregation means that we combine the non-personal information of numerous people together so that the data does not relate to any one person. De-identify means that we attempt to remove or change certain pieces of information that might be used to link data to a particular person.
Managing Your Privacy Through Your User Profile
Kimberly-Clark takes reasonable and appropriate measures to secure your personal information once we receive it, and to help prevent it from being disclosed to individuals who are not described in this policy. While we follow reasonable procedures to try to protect the information in our possession, no security system is perfect, and we cannot guarantee, and you should not expect, that your information will remain secure in all circumstances.
How We Communicate With You
Kimberly-Clark is committed to protecting the online privacy of children and making the internet safe. We do not provide products and services to children, or knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under 12 years of age. Any communication we get that is identified as being from a child under 12 will not be kept by Kimberly-Clark. We encourage parents or guardians of children under 12 to regularly check and monitor their children’s use of email and other activities online.